8. Cullmarks and Breed Society marks, etc.
(1) Cullmarks referred to in section 16(a) of the Act and Breed Society marks referred to in section 30(4) may be imprinted on any portions of cattle not specifically designated for the imprint of the registered brand.
(2) The prescribed manner of marking a spayed bovine female animal for the purposes of section 53A of the Act is the making of a circular hole not less than 20 millimetres nor more than 40 millimetres in diameter completely within the ear not allocated for the application of a registered ear mark.
(3) Where Breed Society marks as referred to in section 30(5) of the Act are imprinted on a stud horse they shall be imprinted in a manner and place approved by the Breed Society concerned.
(4) For the purposes of section 53B of the Act the prescribed manner of marking uncoloured sheep which are the progeny of a coloured parent or of a parent known to be a carrier of a gene for coloured wool is an earmark in the form of 3 circular holes in line, each being not less than 6 millimetres and not more than 10 millimetres in diameter completely within the ear not allocated for the application of a registered earmark.
[Regulation 8 amended in Gazette 6 May 1977 p. 1350; 22 Dec 1978 p. 4838; 7 Dec 1979 p. 3851; 24 Dec 1980 p. 4404.]