8. Taxation of costs
(1) Where the Board in pursuance of regulation 7, requires an applicant to have any costs taxed by the taxing officer of the Court concerned, it shall cause notice in writing to that effect to be posted to the applicant at the address shown in his application.
(2) An applicant to whom such a notice is addressed may, unless a bill of those costs has already been delivered, request the solicitor who acted for him in the proceedings in which the costs were incurred to deliver to him a bill of the costs to which the notice relates and the solicitor shall within 14 days of being so requested and in accordance with such request deliver his bill of costs.
(3) An applicant to whom notice has been given in pursuance of subregulation (1) shall ¾
(a) within 6 months of receiving the notice obtain from the taxing officer of the Court concerned an appointment to tax a bill of the costs to which the notice relates; and
(b) not less than 2 days before the day appointed for the taxing of the bill of costs, cause notice in writing of the appointment to be given to the solicitor by whom the bill was delivered.
(4) The taxing officer shall proceed to tax the bill and shall permit the solicitor by whom the bill was delivered to attend the taxation but, in the absence of that solicitor, shall proceed to the taxation upon being satisfied that the solicitor has been given notice of the appointment in accordance with subregulation (3)(b).
(5) The taxing officer shall ascertain and tax the costs of and incidental to the taxation of any bill of costs in pursuance of this regulation, and those costs shall be paid by the applicant.
(6) The taxing officer shall certify in writing the amount at which he allows any bill of costs taxed in pursuance of this regulation and the amount at which he allows the costs of and incidental to the taxation of that bill.