9. Procedure at public meeting
(1) The chairperson of the meeting is to be ¾
(a) where there is only one affected local government, the mayor or president or in the absence of the mayor or president the deputy mayor or deputy president of that local government; or
(b) where there is more than one affected local government, the mayor or president or deputy mayor or president, as the case requires, of the local government which has the greatest number of persons who would be liable to pay the proposed service charge.
(2) The quorum for the meeting is to be determined prior to the meeting by the Minister after consultation with the district committee.
(3) The meeting procedure is to be ¾
(a) in accordance with the meeting procedure set out in the standing orders of the council of the local government which the chairperson represents; or
(b) in accordance with the meeting procedure determined by the majority of the persons present at the meeting and entitled to vote at the meeting.
(4) Each person who is the owner of land upon which it is proposed to impose the service charge is entitled to vote at the meeting.
[Regulation 9 inserted in Gazette 11 Jun 1999 p. 2535-6.]