37. Issuing a witness summons
(1) If a party wants to require a person to give evidence or to produce evidentiary material at a trial the party must lodge and serve on the person a witness summons in the approved form at least 14 days before the first day of the trial.
(2) The witness summons must be served personally.
(3) At the time a witness is served with a witness summons, or at a reasonable time before the attendance date ¾
(a) an amount that is likely to be sufficient to meet the reasonable expenses of attending the court must be tendered to the witness;
(b) arrangements to enable the witness to attend the court must be made with the witness; or
(c) the means to enable the witness to attend the court must be provided to the witness.
(4) A party which issues a witness summons must ensure that subsection (3) is complied with.
(5) The person who serves a witness with a witness summons must record how subsection (3) was complied with on a copy of the witness summons.
(6) If a copy of a witness summons contains information recorded in accordance with subsection (5) it is to be presumed that the information is true, unless the contrary is proved.