3A. Advisory Committee
(1) The Corporation may from time to time appoint an Advisory Committee which shall have throughout the Irrigation Districts to which these by-laws apply the conjoint functions referred to in sub-bylaw (5).
(2) The Advisory Committee shall consist of such number of persons, including representatives of owners and occupiers of land and officers of Government Departments, as the Corporation appoints, but ¾
(a) not more than 3 persons shall be appointed members of the committee as representatives of owners or occupiers of land at any one time; and
(b) the persons to be members of the committee as representatives of owners and occupiers of land shall be such persons as the Corporation may nominate or may select from persons to be nominated by the local authorities in whose district the Irrigation Districts are situated.
(3) When nominations by the local authorities are desired, the Corporation may determine the number of nominations to be made by each such local authority and the manner in which the nominations shall be made.
(4) A person appointed to be a member of the committee shall hold office during the pleasure of the Corporation.
(5) The functions of the Advisory committee shall include assisting and advising the Corporation on the conditions governing the supply and control of water and on such other matters as are referred to it.
[By-law 3A inserted in Gazette 20 Apr 1979 p. 1057; amended in Gazette 29 Dec 1995 p. 6316.]