10. Property quarantine areas
(1) The Protection Board may, by notice published ¾
(a) in the Gazette; and
(b) at least twice in a newspaper circulating generally in the area where the land to which the notice relates is situated, so that an interval of at least a week is allowed to elapse between each publication,
declare land in or upon which declared plants or declared animals are, or are suspected to be, present, to constitute a property quarantine area.
(2) A notice published under subregulation (1) shall state that for the purposes of these regulations land in the property quarantine area is quarantined land, shall specify the declared plants or declared animals that are, or are suspected to be, present in or upon the land to which it applies, and the time from which the notice applies, and may contain such requirements as may be contained in a property quarantine notice.
(3) Where a notice is published under subregulation (1) in respect of land, for the purposes of these regulations each person who is the owner or occupier of any of the land is deemed to have been served with a property quarantine notice, in the same terms as the notice under subregulation (1), specifying the land in the property quarantine area of which he is the owner or occupier as the land to which the property quarantine notice applies.
(4) A notice published under subregulation (1) may be revoked ¾
(a) by the Protection Board by a subsequent notice so published; or
(b) in so far as it applies in relation to any specified land within the property quarantine area, by the Chief Officer, or an officer authorised in that behalf by the Chief Officer, by notice in writing served upon the owner and the occupier of that land,
whereupon the land in relation to which the revocation applies ceases to be quarantined land within the meaning of these regulations.