18. Prescribed ear punch mark
(1) The ear punch mark prescribed for the purposes of Part VA of the Act is a mark in the form of an equal sided triangle with sides of 20 millimetres.
(2) The prescribed ear punch mark is to be applied so as to leave a space on all sides within the margin of the ear.
(3) If an animal has previously been treated with any Hormonal Growth Promotant and has been ear punched with the prescribed mark, there is no requirement to again identify the animal with that mark.
(4) Only approved ear punches shall be used for applying the prescribed ear mark.