8. Public meeting
(1) A public meeting is to be held at a place within the district which is ¾
(a) reasonably accessible to the persons who would be liable to pay the proposed service charge;
(b) of a sufficient capacity to hold the number of persons reasonably expected to attend the meeting.
(2) The district committee is to cause notice of a public meeting to be given not more than 4 weeks and not less than 2 weeks before the date of the proposed meeting in a newspaper circulating in the district.
(3) The district committee is to give to all affected local governments not less than 6 weeks' notice in writing of the public meeting.
(4) The notices referred to in subregulations (2) and (3) are to ¾
(a) specify the soil conservation purpose for which the service charge is proposed to be imposed;
(b) specify the category of persons who will be affected by the proposed service charge; and
(c) outline the purpose of the meeting.
(5) A local government which receives a notice under subregulation (3) is to exhibit a copy of the notice to the public on a notice board at the local government's offices.
(6) In this regulation and in regulations 9 and 10 ¾
}affected local government~ means a local government in which land on which it is proposed to impose a service charge is situated.
[Regulation 8 inserted in Gazette 11 Jun 1999 p. 2535.]