9. The Government, departments and unincorporated entities as Employers
(1) Where, under these regulations, a worker, other than a parliamentarian, is taken to work for the Government of Western Australia, the obligations of the Government as the Employer of the worker are to be discharged by ¾
(a) the Minister having general responsibility for the office or position held by the worker; or
(b) a person, or the employing authority of a department or organisation, specified by the Treasurer by order published in the Gazette.
(2) An order under subregulation (1)(b) may specify that, in relation to the worker to whom it relates, the Government is a Division 2 Employer.
(3) The Treasurer may, by order published in the Gazette, amend or revoke an order made under subregulation (1)(b).
(3a) The obligations of the Government of Western Australia as the Employer of a worker who is a parliamentarian are to be discharged by the Minister to whom the administration of the Constitution Act 1889 is for the time being committed by the Governor.
(4) Where, under these regulations, a worker is taken to work for a department or organisation that is not a corporate body, the obligations of the department or organisation as the Employer of the worker are to be discharged by the employing authority of the department or organisation.
(5) In this regulation ¾
}employing authority~ and }organisation~ have the same meanings as they have in the Public Sector Management Act 1994.
[Regulation 9 amended in Gazette 29 Jun 2001 p. 3082.]