5. Dealer to collect and pay charges
(1) A producer is liable to pay such charges as are imposed by the Commission under section 14(1) of the Act.
(2) Any charge referred to in subregulation (1) must be collected by a person who is a dealer in horticultural produce produced by a producer.
(3) Subject to regulation 6, a person who is a dealer in horticultural produce produced by a producer who does not collect a charge referred to in subregulation (1) commits an offence.
(4) A dealer who collects any charge under subregulation (3) and does not pay the charge so collected to the Commission not later than 14 days after the end of the month during which the charge was collected or within such longer period as the Commission allows commits an offence.
(5) A charge imposed under section 14(1) of the Act becomes due and payable by a producer on the day specified in the notice of the charge, being a day not less than 14 days after the day on which the notice was published.
Penalty applicable to subregulations (3) and (4): $2 000.