6. Authorised persons and analysts
(1) The Minister may appoint persons to be analysts and persons who are officers to be authorised persons for the purposes of this Act, and an analyst who is not employed in the Public Service of the State may be paid for his services such remuneration as the Minister approves.
(2) Every person appointed under subsection (1) shall be furnished with a certificate of his appointment, signed by either the Minister or an officer authorised by the Minister to sign the certificate on his behalf, and an authorised person shall, if requested to do so, produce that certificate to any person in relation to whom he is about to exercise any of his powers under this Act.
(3) A certificate purporting to have been furnished under subsection (2) is, without proof of the signature of the person purporting to have signed the certificate or of his authority to sign the certificate, evidence in any court of the appointment to which the certificate purports to relate.
(4) Where the appointment of a person under subsection (1) expires or is otherwise terminated, that person shall forthwith surrender the certificate furnished to him under subsection (2) to the Minister or, if the Minister specifies in writing that the certificate is to be surrendered to another person, to that other person.