7A. Authorised inspector
(1) The Minister may, in writing appoint a person to be an authorised inspector for the purposes of this Act.
(2) Every authorised inspector appointed under subsection (1) must perform the functions specified in his or her notice of appointment.
(3) The Director General must issue to each authorised inspector a certificate, in a form approved by the Director General, which ¾
(a) certifies that the person is an authorised inspector for the purposes of this Act; and
(b) contains a brief statement summarizing the functions of the inspector under this Act specified in the notice of appointment referred to in subsection (2).
(4) An authorised inspector must produce the certificate referred to in subsection (3) whenever required to do so by any person in respect of whom an authorised inspector has, or is about to, exercise any function conferred on the authorised inspector under this section.
(5) A certificate purporting to have been furnished under subsection (3) is evidence in any court of the appointment to which the certificate purports to relate.
[Section 7A inserted by No. 40 of 1993 s. 5.]