76. Provision of, and assistance in relation to, records etc.
(1) Where a member of the police force has lawfully entered premises to which a licence applies, the member may require a person who at the time is apparently in charge of the premises to without delay ¾
(a) produce for inspection any record kept by the pawnbroker or second-hand dealer under this Act;
(b) identify and locate records kept by the pawnbroker or second-hand dealer under this Act that correspond to particular goods kept by the pawnbroker or dealer; and
(c) produce for inspection any licence relevant to the business.
(2) In this section, a reference to records or goods kept by a pawnbroker or second-hand dealer is a reference to records or goods kept at any premises to which the licence held by or on behalf of the pawnbroker or dealer applies.
(3) Where the production of a record is required under this section and the record is not in a readable format, the requirement to produce the record is to be treated as a requirement to produce ¾
(a) the record itself; and
(b) the contents of the record in a readable format.
(4) A person must not refuse or fail to comply with a requirement under this section and must not provide information that is false or misleading.
Penalty: $5 000.