14/Jan/2000 - Current (at 31 Dec 2005)
Notify me when this title changes.
Full Act - PDF

    11. Power to obtain petroleum

    (1) The Minister may by his officers, agents, or workmen search for petroleum, and conduct all operations deemed necessary for or incidental to searching for, obtaining, refining, or disposing of petroleum produced in Western Australia; and, for such purposes, may enter upon and occupy, either temporarily or permanently

    (a) any vacant Crown land; or

    (b) any other land.

    (2) Where any of the powers conferred by subsection (1) has been exercised in relation to land referred to in paragraph (b) of that subsection, compensation is payable to the occupier of the land and to any person having an estate or interest therein for any interference with the use of the land by the occupier, with operations carried on thereon or for any damage to or interference with any improvement on the land.

    (3) Any claim for payment of compensation under this section shall be made, dealt with, and determined under and in accordance with the provisions of Part 10 of the Land Administration Act 1997, as if it were a claim for compensation made originally under that Act.

    [Section 11 amended by No. 31 of 1997 s.76(2).]

Note: This is not an authorised version. The only authorised version is the hardcopy (printed) version published under authority of the Government Printer, available from the State Law Publisher, 10 William St Perth W.A. 6000.