9. Staff of the Commissioner
(1) The Commissioner may appoint such officers as he considers necessary for the purpose of enabling the functions of the Commissioner properly to be carried out.
(2) Subject to this Act, the terms and conditions of service of officers of the Commissioner shall be such as the Commissioner determines.
(2a) The Commissioner may by arrangement with the employing authority of the officer or employee, make use, either full-time or part-time, of the services of any officer or employee employed in the Public Service or in a State instrumentality or otherwise in the service of the Crown in right of the State.
(3) A member of the Commissioner's staff shall, before he commences his duties as such, take an oath or affirmation, to be administered by the Commissioner, that, except in accordance with this Act, he will not divulge any information received by him under this Act.
(4) The Commissioner may by arrangement with an employing authority, State instrumentality or other statutory office holder, agree to that authority, instrumentality or office holder making use, either full-time or part-time, of the services of any officer of the Commissioner.
(5) In this section ¾
}employing authority~ means an employing authority within the meaning of the Public Sector Management Act 1994.
[Section 9 amended by No. 74 of 2003 s. 91(3), (4), (6), (8) and (9).]