12. Establishment and composition of Port Kennedy Management Board
(1) There is hereby established a board to be known as the Port Kennedy Management Board.
(2) The Board shall consist of not less than 8 members and not more than 9 members appointed by the Minister.
(3) Of the members appointed by the Minister under subsection (2), at least ¾
(a) 2 shall be persons who are nominated by the Company;
(b) one shall be nominated by the City of Rockingham;
(c) one shall be nominated by the Minister to whom the administration of the Fish Resources Management Act 1994 is for the time being committed;
(d) one shall be nominated by the Minister to whom the administration of the Conservation and Land Management Act 1984 is for the time being committed;
(e) one shall be nominated by the Minister to whom the administration of the Land Act 1933 2 is for the time being committed;
(f) one shall be a person who in the opinion of the Minister represents the local community;
(g) one shall be a person selected by the Minister from a panel of 3 names submitted to the Minister by the Conservation Council of Western Australia Inc.
(4) If, within 30 days of being requested in writing by the Minister to do so, any person or body referred to in subsection (3)(a), (b), (c), (d), (e) or (g) has not made any nomination for appointment or submitted any panel of names required to be made or submitted by the person or body under a paragraph of that subsection, the Minister shall make the appointment at his or her discretion but any person so appointed is deemed to have been nominated under that paragraph or selected from a panel of names submitted under that paragraph (as the case may be).
[Section 12 amended by No. 53 of 1994 s. 264.]