6. Appointment of Public Notaries
(1) Except as provided by this Act a person shall not be appointed a Public Notary.
(2) Appointments as Public Notaries may be made only by order of the Supreme Court (full bench).
(3) Subject to this Act, a person may be appointed a General Public Notary or a District Public Notary.
(4) Appointments as Public Notaries of practitioners of the Court practising in the Fremantle or Perth district shall be as General Public Notaries.
[Section 6 amended by No. 45 of 2004 s. 37.]