10. Establishment of Anzac Day Trust Fund
(1) There shall be established at the Treasury, forming part of the Trust Fund constituted under section 9 of the Financial Administration and Audit Act 1985, a fund to be called the Anzac Day Trust Fund, which Fund shall, subject to the Treasurer, be administered by the Trust constituted under the provisions of this Act.
(2) There shall be credited to the Treasury to the credit of the Fund ¾
(b) all moneys paid to the Trust pursuant to the provisions of section 5;
(c) all moneys paid to the Trust pursuant to the provisions of section 7; and
(d) all donations, devises and bequests made to the Trust.
(3) The moneys standing to the credit of the Fund shall be charged with the cost of administering this Act, and subject thereto shall be distributed each year by the Trust, with the approval and consent of the Treasurer, for the purposes of the preservation, alteration and improvement of existing homes and the erection and construction of new homes for aged ex-servicemen and ex-servicewomen and their maintenance in such homes and of the welfare of dependants of deceased ex-servicemen or deceased ex-servicewomen, and among institutions, organisations and associations the object or one of the objects of which is the financial assistance and relief, or the amelioration of conditions, of persons ¾
(a) who were members of the naval, military or air forces of Her Majesty or of the Commonwealth; or
(b) now resident in the State who were members of any naval, military or air forces of any foreign power allied or associated with Her Majesty or with the Commonwealth,
during any war in which Her Majesty or the Commonwealth was or is engaged or during any period while they were outside Australia and they were, or the body, contingent or detachment of the naval, military or air forces of which they were members or to which they were attached was, allotted for duty in a prescribed special area, or of the dependants of any such persons.
(4) Nothing in this section shall entitle, or be deemed to entitle, any Trustee to any remuneration, allowance or expenses in respect of the exercise by him of his functions and duties under this Act.
[Section 10 amended by No. 14 of 1964 s. 43; No. 2 of 1970 s. 2; No. 49 of 1996 s. 64; No. 28 of 2003 s. 13; No. 62 of 2003 s. 5.]