18. Power to require owner or occupier of orchard to take steps to prevent spread of disease 4
(1) An inspector may, with the approval of the Minister, serve on the occupier and owner of any orchard or place where any plant is growing, or on either of them, a notice requiring them or him to take any measures or do any acts which the inspector may deem necessary to prevent the spread of any disease, and in such case, even although the orchard or place is not infected, any person on whom any such notice is served shall, as soon as practicable after the receipt thereof, comply with the requisitions thereof.
(2) In the event of notice being served on both the owner and occupier, they shall be jointly and severally liable to perform the requisitions thereof.
(3) In case of any default in compliance with the terms of the notice any inspector may do or cause to be done all such things as may be necessary in order to carry the terms of the notice completely into effect, and the expenses incurred in or about so doing shall be recoverable from the person or persons guilty of the default.
(4) The occupier or owner on whom an inspector serves a notice under subsection (1) may apply to the State Administrative Tribunal for a review of the inspector's decision to serve the notice.
[Section 18 amended by No. 55 of 2004 s. 945.]