10A. Protection from liability for wrongdoing
(1) In this section, a reference to the doing of anything includes a reference to the omission to do anything.
(2) An action in tort does not lie against a person who is the Minister or a member of the Authority or its staff for anything that the person has, in good faith, done in the performance or purported performance of a function under this Act.
(3) The protection given by this section applies even though the thing done in the performance or purported performance of a function under this Act may have been capable of being done whether or not this Act had been enacted.
(4) This section does not relieve the Authority of any liability that it might have for the doing of anything by a person against whom this section provides that an action does not lie.
(5) Subsection (2) has effect subject to the Statutory Corporations (Liability of Directors) Act 1996.
[Section 10A inserted by No. 12 of 1995 s.6; amended by No. 41 of 1996 s.3.]