39. Where pipeline crosses agricultural land
(1) Where a pipeline enters or crosses agricultural land the licensee shall, at his expense, forthwith after the completion of the construction of that part of the pipeline that so enters or crosses, restore the land to enable it to be used as far as practicable for the purposes for which it was used immediately before that construction.
(2) Where the licensee fails to restore the land, as required by subsection (1), a person entitled to an interest in the land may restore the land and recover from the licensee in any court of competent jurisdiction the expenses reasonably incurred in carrying out that restoration.
(3) Any expenses so recovered do not affect any right to compensation that such person as is referred to in subsection (2) or any other person may have under this Act, in respect of that land.
(4) The Minister may, at any time on the request of a person entitled to an interest in the land, include among the conditions of the licence such conditions as he considers necessary to ensure that the land is maintained in a suitable condition and that noxious weeds and vermin are controlled.